Monday, January 22, 2007

Feedback at practica

Yesterday I went to the Sunday practica and I was lucky to dance with S. Before we started I told her,"please feel free to give me feedback on my dancing", she replied with "uhh, OK, but I'm VERY picky you know". Good.

After a couple of songs she mentioned a detail about my left hand being too stiff. And then about providing more support when leading ochos, and she showed me by leading me into ochos both ways. Later she mentioned her preference for a more subtle lead for sacadas and again she demonstrated.

This must of been one of the most productive practicas I attended in a long time. So, please, when people ask for suggestions, MAKE them! Too often all I hear when I ask for feedback is "uhh, it's fine". That is not helpful.

No comments: