Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Crap, all pictures are gone ...

I recently bought a new compact camera, something to keep in my bag all the time, when I don't feel like lugging around the SLR, and it's a great little camera. It does a great job in low light, which is why I got it.

But yesterday as I was downloading the pictures into my laptop, the computer froze and it corrupted the storage card. I may have lost all the pictures I took during this trip, which is such a bummer. If I manage to recover them, I'll post some here and on my website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can make a binary dump of the entire memory card, it should be possible to recover at least some of the pictures.

Sorin said...

Unfortunately it seems like the card got really screwed up as it's completely unreadable (tried 5 different recovery software). Also, after giving up on recovery, I tried to format it and it won't. Bummer...