Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Coffee Maker open "heart" transplant ...

When my coffee maker decided to stop making coffee a few days ago I got really annoyed. It was less then a year old. It could've been in warranty but I could not find the receipt.

Without any other option, I decided to diagnose the problem. I opened it up and shortly after it became clear that the heating element was gone. Grrrr ... Buying parts for things is nearly impossible for a regular person, and even if I could, they are usually half the price of the new item. But, I did have an old an ugly coffee maker in the basement which was left by a tenant. The heating elements can't be that different, right?

So I opened that one up and sure enough, the heating elements are almost identical. Here are the coffee makers ready for the transplant.














15 minutes later the transplant is completed :














And 10 minutes later it was confirmed the patient was alive!

2 comments:

Debbi said...

Just proves.... coffee is life!

RealityPivots said...

as a fellow tinkerer/builder i appreciate the confluence with tango.
nice job with this and work shop.